Saturday, 19 January 2008

New Papertsartsy stamps

I took delivery of my new Paperartsy stamps this morning and they are sooo gorgeous! I couldn't wait to play and thankfully my parents have taken the kids out for the day so I've had some time to experiment. Three Tim Holtz distress ink pads also arrived which were a bargain from ebay. I only have the three colours but I've had great fun seeing what you can do with these great inks. So this morning I have made 4 more cards. I'm sticking to cards these last few days as I've been asked to take some in to work. Fingers crosses that I sell some!


For the first card I chose some red/black backing paper. On some white cardstock I randomly stamped my new distress inks using fired brick, weathered wood and tea dye (the only colours I have) and blended them using kitchen roll. I then flicked some water at the card to give an aged look (I love this effect and this was my first attempt at it).
Next I stamped the tree in tea dye distress ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I also stamped the phrase and crow using black staz-on ink. I cut them out and edged with black ink pad, then mounted onto the card. Three black brads to the lower right of the card and some matching fibres down the left complete the card.


Card number two, and staying with warm colours. I chose a selection of co-ordinating papers for the background and layered them up. I also placed a ribbon down the left side of the card. I wanted to use the tree stamp again so I stamped using clear ink onto white cardstock and embossed with clear embossing powder. I then dabbed the tea dye ink pad over the image and blended it with kitchen roll. Again I flicked water over it to age it. I edged it with black ink just to make it stand out against the background. I then stamped Natures spirit in black staz on onto more aged tea dye background. Both were mounted onto the card which was then finished with eyelets and gold sheer ribbon.

I think this next card is my favourite. I chose a background paper and mounted onto the card blank. Next I stamped the wavy doodles down the sides of the card using black staz-on. I coloured some white cardstock with fired brick distress ink and you guessed it - flicked water at it! Got a bit bolder this time and it payed off because I got a completely random heart shaped white area (top right of "breathe the love"). I just know I couldn't manage that again!! I stamped the main image and breathe the love with black staz-on ink. They were mounted onto the card. Lastly I cut out a vellum heart and attached it with an eyelet and ribbon.


Last card for now. And actually I really like this one too! These stamps are just so fab I love playing with them. My only restriction is time! OK so more warm coloured paper for the backing to start with. Next I stamped and embossed the doodles strips down the sides of the card in gold. I ripped a strip of paler contrasting paper and attached it down the middle. Next job was to triple emboss a square of cardstock in gold and then stamp a heart into it with black staz-on. This was then mounted onto red paper and card and edged inblack. The words "love you more" were stamped and embossed in gold on some red patterned paper which was then mounted on contrasting paper, then red card. These were then mounted onto the card. The whole card was edged with a gold krylon pen and an eyelet and ribbons were attached on the top right.


After a lunch break, I made a couple more. Kids are home again now so no more crafting for me just now! Number 5 card was made using similar techniques to before. Co-ordinating papers layered as a background (some edged with gold krylon). I used fired brick and tea dye to create the background for the stamped images. These were stamped in staz-on and edged with gold krylon pen. The whole card was edged with krylon and an eyelet plus ribbon finish it off.



The last card of the day sees a colour change. I used Basic Grey Urban Couture papers as the background, then stamped the image and phrase onto white card (that had been coloured with weathered wood distress ink) with black staz-on. These were mounted onto beige bazzill cardstock and attached to the card. I added an eyelet top left and tied 3 co-ordinating ribbons/fibres through it. The card was edged with gold krylon. Would love to make some more stuff tonight but unfortunately I have to do the ironing! Life sucks!




8 comments:

craftyscot said...

what great cards Jo and looks like we have similar taste cos I have ordered the same stamps from PA and am eagerly awaiting their delivery:0)
Shazza
x

EllePiggo said...

Brill cards! Well done. :) My ironing doesn't get done!! LOL.
Vanessa.

Lydia said...

All great cards Jo! Beautiful colours x

Linda Elbourne said...

I love love love those warm colours hun - the cards are great!

Hels said...

HEAVENLY!!!! Love those new stamps hun xx

Dan said...

Really lovely cards Jo! :)

Shaz said...

Lovely cards Jo xx

Karen said...

Your work is fab - love those stamps xxx