Saturday 5 January 2008

Scrapbooking challenge

Oops still no bind it all book!
One of my new years resolutions is to craft more. So, I have taken part in this months scrapbooking challenge which was to design a scrapbook page around the theme of presents. I used a 12x12 sheet of red bazill bling as the main page then added 2 pale green bazill bling strips to make the page look like a present.


Next, I stared into space a bit.....mind completely blank. Ha ha. So, I got all my Christmas stash out on the table and looked at it for a bit. Got rid of what I wasn't going to use and then sketched an idea for the page after laying the photos on the page in different places. Once the sketch was done I started to have fun. I mounted the photos on different papers from an old HOTP TSV kit and stuck them on the page. Then I stitched one of the photos with metallic green thread. Next the presents word which was using Sue Dreamer stickers. After that I added Basic Grey rub-ons in words I thought appropriate - celebrate, share, believe. Actually I just remembered, I did the words before the stitches.. Next I made little presents again out of HOTP papers and then added embellishments from a Lisa Bearnson kit. Last but not least - GLITTER GLUE here and there. And that's it. x

No comments: