Tuesday 3 March 2009

An award! Plus a couple of cards to share

I've been given an award by the lovely and talented Lulu! It's so cute - thanks so much Lou :o)













I'm not 100% sure what the rules are for passing this on so I would like to pass it on to anyone reading this who hasn't yet received it. There are so many blogs full of stunning work that I couldn't possibly choose just a few.

I've got the week off work this week to try and tart the house up a l
ittle bit. I'm afraid it's all the tedious prep work at the moment. Words cannot express how much I loathe sanding! Painting starts tomorrow so I'll be covered from head to toe by the end of the day (that's what usually happens anyhow!). I do enjoy painting so I'll be cranking the music volume up and having a sing song as I paint.

I thought I would share a couple of cards that I made on Friday. I was playing with the fabby Patti Picklicious cd again :o) These cherry papers are good enough to eat! The shaped card is made using a template that is on the CD. I printed it onto the cherry paper and it was very easy to cut it out. I mounted it onto black card and cut it again leaving a black border to make the pattern pop that little bit more then I added some little felt cherries :o)

I don't know what I had just eaten when I made this card! lol It's a little bit wacky. I keep small photos that I have printed out in a box with all my blooms ready for mini books and the like. I was flicking through them and thought this pic of Abigail would be quite funny on a card. Everything used is from the Very Cherry collection on the Patti CD apart from the head, arms and legs.

4 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

isn't that ladybug so cute and hey fabbi....delicious cards with those gorgeous papers.
Hugs Kath xxxxx

Lou Sims said...

Jozza love that card with Abigail on - such a cracking image and makes for a fun card.

Allison said...

hehe greate cards
AllisonX

Tip Top said...

Heheheheh! Has Abigail seen this card - it is hillarious!!!

Hope the decorating is (has) gone well, and yes, I could hear your singing all the way over here!!