Friday 22 February 2008

DCM challenge - plastic fantastic!

This week's challenge is to use plastic packaging on a card. I've had fun with this and produced without a doubt the most bizarre card I've ever made!

This is what I used. The bottom of a bottle of Robinsons squash which looks vaguely flower like.









And it was bloody hard cos the plastic at the bottom is ruddy thick! I wanted to cut out the flower - impossible! So I ended up with the most sticking out embellishment in history. It's hilarious!! But I like it.

I used DCWV glitter matstack, the plastic thingy, gold paint & krylon, ribbons and a happy birthday sticker. Great fun!! :-)

Oh and it was almost impossible to stick my pokey tool through the middle to get the brad through! Don't know how I managed it without maiming myself!

10 comments:

Lythan said...

I think your "plastic thingy" looks really cool.

Jay said...

Wow, it sounds like using that piece of plastic was a real challenge in many ways! I think it looks great and makes a really fun embellishment.

Sheila said...

It's fabulous!!!

Angie C said...

Lovely card Jo and I love the recycling too :-)

Fab said...

I'm impressed, total dedication in cutting the plastic and beautiful result !

debby4000 said...

Great embellishment, love the ribbons, glad hear you didn't hurt yourself whilst making this card.

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

It's fabby Joz!!! ^.^
I thought you were going to join Hels in the accident book for a moment there!!!!!! *.*

Angelnorth said...

Excellent and very creative! Well done on not having an impromptu tripp to A&E as well!

Ann said...

Brilliant Jo - very inventive, I love it!!! xxx

Rhi said...

Fab card and great use of plastic. And well done on not injuring yourself doing it too!