Sunday 7 September 2008

Arty Girlz challenge 50 - Alter it!

This weeks challenge is 'Alter it' so maybe you have a vase that needs jazzing up with some glass paints or a notebook that could do with a make over or maybe a photo frame? The choice is yours we can't wait to see your altered creations :)

I haven't taken part in an Arty Girlz challeng
e before. I couldn't resist this challenge to alter something as I have a little box that I bought ages ago from Hobbycraft to alter.














I painted it inside and out with purple acrylic paint. I added Brenda Pinnick papers, green ribbon and topped the box with a fabulous Dottie image. The flower on the side of the lid is hand made out of the papers used on the box. I also used Basic Grey stickers to make the word seeds. I thought this would make a great little seed box :o)





The lid does fit snugly on the box but the flower covers the word up so I put it on a slant for the photo.











































7 comments:

Crissi Harvey said...

wow what a gorgeous box i love the seeds idea.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

meayla said...

this is beautiful jozza!! i love this idea

Allison said...

what a great idea its fab
AllisonX

Julie Allain said...

You've altered your box beautifully I love it!!

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge I hope you'll join in again :)xx

Tip Top said...

This is fab!! I just had no inspiration for this challenge....

Rika said...

What a great box!

Lisa M Griffin said...

What a great box... love how bright and cheerful it is. THanks for sharing.