Friday 5 September 2008

Birthday boys

My friend Ruth asked me a while ago if I would make birthday cards for her 2 little boys Jacob and Samuel who are 3 and 5 this month. Wow what an honour! Ruth is a fantastic designer and makes stunning cards so I still can't believe she asked me! Anyhow, I showed Ruth some boys cards I had made in the past and we decided on a pirate card for Jacob as he is pirate mad and a card featuring dinosaurs for Samuel as he is dinosaur mad :o)


Jacob's card. He is 3 tomorrow (6th Sept) so happy birthday for tomorrow Jacob!

















This card is almost identical to one I made ages ago for a Funky Fairies challenge. I used papers from the boys and girls collection, the pirate is a Sugar Nellie stamp. The skull and crossbones was cut out from DCWV rockstar paper. I drew the crow's nest, and the arrow and birthday boy are papermania clear stamps. The chipboard number 3 is from Craftwork Cards. Inside the card is a little surprise for Jacob - some chocolate coins in a little hand drawn treasure chest :o)












Here is Samuel's card. He will be 5 on the 13th Sept.















I loved making this one! I had nothing in the way of dinosaurs so I downloaded a kit from Kay Miller Designs. Everything on this card was in the kit apart from the chipboard number (Craftwork Cards) and the Happy Birthday stamp (Papermania clear stamps). I just printed lots of papers and elements out and then played until I was happy with how it looked. I couldn't resist doodling a smiley face on the sun and also a border around the whole card. The only thing I was disappointed with was that I couldn't think of any dinosaur related chocolate gift to put inside :o(

Fingers crossed that the boys like their cards :o)

4 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

Wow Jacob and Samuel are going to love these cards - love the little treasure chest with the coins and those dinosaurs are so cute.
Love
kath
xxxx

Tip Top said...

You are totally spot on with the cards!! Jacob can smell chocolate a mile off so he was really happy with his card but he still thinks the coins are treasure hehehe!! And can't wait to see Samuels face next week!!!!

You are a star!!

And Jacobs will be blogged too!!

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

I love dinosaurs, too! Love this card. :o)

Chris xx

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Ooh.. just scrolled up and saw the pirate one, too! Another great card! Love pirate themes.

I think it's Johnny Depp that drives that interest!! ;o)

Chris xx