Friday 12 September 2008

Daring Cardmakers - the same but different

This week it is Kathy's turn to set the dare....

I'd like to see what happens when our starting point is the same quotation:

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best". Henry Van Dyke. I'd like you to use this quotations somewhere on your card, it doesn't have to be on the front, or even need to be immediately visible.

Soooo it's a little tricky this week folks - but don't let that put you off :o) I struggled but got there in the end. the only thing I'm not happy with is the ribbon tied around the card - which was really just there while I photographed it. I need some velcro to keep the front opening closed methinks. Other than that I quite like this one :o)



































































Paper - Basic Grey - Blush
Stamps - Paperartsy
Border punch - Fiskars
Prismacolor pencils to give the pretty lady a little colour
Ribbon from stash and a little doodley doos for good luck :o)

11 comments:

Lythan said...

I hadn't realised how it opened before - that is so clever Jozza. And I love the pretty colours too

Hazel said...

Such a classy card - love it! and also the sketch one above.

Angelnorth said...

Great stuff, love the little door for the full quote (a photo turn would do the job if you don't have velcro or a magnetic snap to hand).

Kath Stewart said...

what a beautiful card Joz - vintage in a way but also so modern
love how you have stamped the birds inside.
Love
kath
xxxxx

Tip Top said...

I really like it! And will be giving it a go as soon as the boys stop driving me crackers!

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Brilliant card, mate.. I saw the DCM blog earlier, and the DT's cards this week blew me away! So much goodness on that blog! And it all starts here with yours!! :o)

Chris xx

SueH said...

Your card is just beautiful Jozza and I love the way you've made it open to reveal the quotation. Such pretty paper too!

Karen said...

Ahh, my image for this challenge is drying as we 'speak'!
Spotted your card on the challenge blog - Great one!

Joey said...

I love this card, the colours are fab and it all just works so well!x

Kathy said...

ooohhhh this is a real stunner, Jo, absolutely gorgeous, how will you ever bear to part with this?

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A beautiful and very clever card. Just popped by to say thanks for your comment on my entry - glad I made you laugh.
Cheers,
Sharon T